Nurse Practitioner Schools in Michigan
Obtaining a master's degree or a doctorate will help you deliver a higher quality of nursing care. As medical practices continue to evolve there is a higher demand for specialized practitioners. The average Nurse Practitioner salary in the state of Michigan is $104,892 making it a great place to further education and obtain a Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) or a Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP)
There are many considerations for selecting a nurse practitioner program, and many options to select from.
To enter a MSN program in the state of Michigan, the requirements are as follows:
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0
- May have non-nursing baccalaureate degree for some programs
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the state of Michigan
- The GRE is not required
- Essay, and three professional references
To enter a DNP program in the state of Michigan, the requirements are as follows:
- Active, unrestricted RN in the state of Michigan
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- BSN or MSN from accredited nursing program
- The GRE is optional, though there may be a writing test required if no GRE results submitted
- Essay, resume or CV, professional references and interview
There are many specialties offered through the many colleges and universities in Michigan. Many of the programs in Michigan offer educator and leadership specialties and have geared programs to suit those needs.
- Acute Care Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Primary care Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP).
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Nurse Educator
- Nursing Informatics
- Nursing Leadership/Management
- Clinical Nurse Leader
Most programs in Michigan are accredited by the Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission on Education in Nursing (ACEN). However, it is imperative to check accreditation prior to applying for a program.
It can be expected that the program length for BSN-MSN will be approximately two years. BSN-DNP average is four years and MSN-DNP is two to three years.
Program Cost and Credits
The average cost for nurse practitioner programs in Michigan is $550 per credit for Michigan residents and averages to be closer to $800 per credit for out of state tuition.
- MSN total credits: average 40 credits
- BSN-DNP total credits: average 70 credits
It is common for most programs to offer some sort of hybrid coursework with online classes and campus meetings. Due to Michigan programs offering a high concentration of non-clinical specialties such as nurse educator and administration roles, these programs tend to be offered 100% online. This makes furthering education ideal for students that live far away from campus.
- Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners
- Michigan Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Michigan Nurses Association
The state of Michigan offers many attractions, outdoor areas and borders four of the five great lakes. This could be the place for you to continue your education!
Ann Arbor, MI
- Post-Baccalaureate DNP: Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Campus
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Campus
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Campus
- Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner Campus
- Post-baccalaureate DNP: Primary care pediatric nurse practitioner Campus
- Post-master's acute care pediatric nurse practitioner Campus
- Post-master's adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner Campus
- Post-master's adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner Campus
- Post-Master's Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner Campus
- Post-master's primary care pediatric nurse practitioner Campus
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- Post-MSN Certificate in Adult Gerontology CNS (Certificate) Online
- Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate Campus
- Family Nurse Practitioner Campus
Detroit, MI 48221
(131) 399-3124 x5
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner- Acute Care (AGNP-AC) Online
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner- Primary Care (AGNP-PC) Online
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Online
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) Online
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care (PNP-AC) Online
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care (PNP-PC) Online
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse practitioner (P-MHNP) Online
- Acute Care Nurse Practioner (ACNP) Online
- Pediatric Nurse Practioner - Acute Care (PNP-AC) Online
- Pediatric Nurse Practioner - Primary Care (PNP-PC) Online
Detroit, MI 48202
East Lansing, MI
Flint, MI 48502
Livonia, MI 48150
Spring Arbor, MI
Spring Arbor, MI 49283
(184) 465-7252 x5
Are we missing your school's program or need to update information listed? Please contact us so we can make the necessary changes.